This term (Autumn 2018), we are launching our new SIMS Parent App and website, a convenient new way to share information with you about your child's life at St Luke's School.
You can access the system from a smartphone, tablet or PC - anytime, anywhere.
In our new SIMS Parent App, you will find
- the school calendar - school term and inset dates
- important information about your child's attendance and conduct (achievements)
- assessment information / your child's school report (coming in 2019)
- notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- access to your child's data collection information ( pupil information, contact details, medical details, cultural information, dietary information ) and the ability to update these details, so that we always have the most up-to-date information in case of an emergency
If you have more than one child, you'll be able to have access to information for all your children, from the same app. The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to date with your child's school life as well as support your child's development and progress.
Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
- We will send you an activation email. Simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account
- You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store - search for SIMS Parent
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk
SIMS Activities – an easy way to sign up for extra-curricular activities
We have a convenient new way for you to view some of our extra-curricular activities quickly and easily within SIMS Activities.
You can access SIMS Activities from any internet – enabled device, including desktops, smart phones and tablets at https://parent.sims.co.uk
In Sims Activities, you will be able to
view a selection of school led extra-curricular activities, sports competitions and some clubs quickly and easily
instantly sign up to activities or provide consent
keep track of what activities you have signed up to
be notified instantly of any updates to activities (such as delays, cancellations or any changes to activity details.)
Initially, we will begin by using SIMS Activities to inform you of some of our sporting events and clubs run by school staff, so that at the end of the term, we can evaluate the effectiveness of this product before deciding whether or not to use it more fully.
Therefore, if SIMS Activities is used for an activity, rather than receiving a paper based letter, you will receive a SIMS Activities invite email from email@example.com with a link to SIMS Activities inviting you to accept or decline a place in a competition or club. Once logged in to SIMS Activities, you will be able to view full details of the activity and also be able to consent to your child taking part. There will not be a need to return a paper based slip and the school will be able to print out registers for activities directly from SIMS Activities. Very cleverly, SIMS Activities also includes on registers all the contact and medical details that are already in SIMS Parent App.
A guide for parents about SIMS Activities is available below.
We very much hope that both the SIMS Parent App and SIMS Activities will not only be easier and much more convenient for parents to use, but that they will both help us as a school to collect and manage data and extra-curricular activities much more efficiently.