At St. Luke's we want to promote healthy and active lifestyles. We recognise the importance and value of high quality Physical Education lessons.
We want children to:
- participate in competitive and collaborative team games; develop and apply basic principles and tactics for attacking and defending
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance and apply these to a range of activities
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best
- learn to swim.
Each week, every class will take part in Physical Education actives, for example through:
- dance and gymnastics activities
- games activities (including invasion games, striking and fielding games and net and wall games)
- swimming (Key Stage 2 – Year 5, Summer Term)
- athletic activities
- team building and outdoor and adventurous activities.
We also welcome specialist sports / P.E. coaches who deliver PE sessions.